This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Reinstalling MSDE 2000 MSM problem

1 reply to this topic

phila

phila
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 04:38

Hi,
Have a inherited a developer 8 SP2 project installing MSDE 2000 SP3a. The first install of the product is fine.
When the product is reinstalled via repair or an upgrade the SqlDisableNetworkProtocols property is being reset in some way and the network protocols are being disabled. Is this a bug in the MSM?

The log file indicates SqlDisableNetworkProtocols=0, so I am at confused to why the network protocols are being disabled.

MDSE is being installed via a feature called ‘MSDE’ . I have tired setting the REINSTALL property to all features other than MSDE in an effort to not have it reinstalled but it seems to still get installed.
During the upgrade the setup.exe is setting REINSTALL to ALL. When I look at the log file REINSTALL on the client side is set to ALL but the server side is as I set it.

Any thoughts?

phila

phila
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 02:48

Had word from Installshield support that the network protocols being disabled during a repair or reinstall is a confirmed bug in the MSDE 2000 merge module which is suppose to be fix in Installshield X