This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Removing user defined settings during uninstall

1 reply to this topic

johngalt

johngalt
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 01:38

I would like to be able during the uninstallation of my product bring up a dialog that asks the user whether they would like to remove all the user defined settings associated with my product.

For example, many files and registry entries are created after my product is installed (And hence would not be uninstalled by default), I would like to give users the opportunity to return their system to a somewhat 'clean' state, free of the files and registry entries that they may have created while using my product.

Is this possible?  I noticed the REGDBDELETEKEY function, but would prefer to use a minimal amount of InstallScript, and MSI only provides an uninstallation flag "-" which doesnt appear to be something that can be set dynamically via user interaction.

Thanks In Advance

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 15:57

a 'quick and dirty' way to do this is to use a text .rg0 file to specify the registry keys to be removed ( using the format [-regkey] for the keys to be removed ) launched by the RegEdit /s ".rg0 filename" command syntax.

files could be removed using the del /q/f/s command...

these commands could be placed in a .cmd file to be launched conditionally on uninstall.

alternatively you could use the corresponding api calls using the script language of your choice...