This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Shortuct - Modify Installation

1 reply to this topic

Daril

Daril
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:46

Hi,

I have MSI with Shortuct. In installation dialog I have checkbox for shortcut. When I Install application and check/uncheck checkbox the shortcut is install/not install. It is correct. Wrong behaviour appers when:

First I install application and checkbox is unchecked, so shortcut not will be installed.

Second I run Modify Installation and checbox is checked, but after modify process the shortcut still not be present.

Technical details:

Property Table"

"SHORTUCT1","1"

Component Table:

"DesktopFolder","{1F4A38F8-576D-4201-819C-4577DCFBF71D}","DesktopFolder","4","SHORTUCT1 = 1","registry","Windows\Profiles\Desktop"

FeatureComponents

"Complete","DesktopFolder"

Registry Table

"registry","1","Software\XXX\Test","DesktopFolder","[INSTALLDIR]\TDM.exe","DesktopFolder"

I don't have Idea what is wrong. :-(

Thank you for your help

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:09

One, you don't list the content of the Shortcut table and two, 'Modify/Change' will only install Features which weren't installed first time around. It's incredibly unlikely that the MSI author put the installation of shortcuts into a feature.

- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.