SQL Server Script
Posted 01 December 2005 - 15:00
Second question is How to set the SQLserver, database name, user and password info using the script and what the event we need to use?
Posted 02 December 2005 - 06:07
Posted 02 December 2005 - 16:43
IS_SQLSERVER_SERVER -- server name
IS_SQLSERVER_DATABASE -- database names separated by semicolons (
IS_SQLSERVER_AUTHENTICATION -- 0 for trusted connection, 1 for SQL Auth
IS_SQLSERVER_USERNAME -- username
IS_SQLSERVER_PASSWORD -- password
If you create a connection object from SQL Scripts view, then the SQLLogin associated dialogs are automatically added to the project and will set these properties for you. If you wanted to set them manually in your script, you would use MsiSetProperty
Don't be surprised that IS people don't post here..this is a peer to peer group.
IS has their own site and they aren't always on the boards over there either.
Posted 02 December 2005 - 20:24
If you want guaranteed response, you should buy a support contract, especially if you require a reply within a few hours (there were about 15 hours between your posts, and it was night during that time here at my place).
Regarding your first question: You don't need to install MSDE if you want to connect to an existing SQL server.
Posted 05 December 2005 - 16:31
1. SQL Server is available (Up and running and all the databases also available)
2. InstallShield should provide the option to the user to provide the Server, Login, Database information
3. Based on the value provided by the user, InstallShield should need to check/test the connection. If the connection is successful, InstallShield should execute the SQL Scripts in the respective databases.
1. Created the Customized Window to accept the server, login and user info
2. Used the MsiSetProperty to set the required parameters
3. SQLRTTestConnection got failed and error message is "Error- 27502 Could not connect to SQL Server LCS01"
1. This is working fine if I connects the local machine that has SQL Server got installed.
2. This is getting failed if I connects the remote SQL Server but able to connect and perform query using Enterprise Manager and Query analyzer.
Please tell me where I am wrong. Your response is always more valuable.