This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

RemoveFiles table entry not working

3 replies to this topic

Blicos

Blicos
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 18:32

I have added an entry to the RemoveFiles table of my Installshield project, but it isn't being executed. When i inspect the (verbose) log, it seems as though there are several 'RemoveFiles' phases (3 in fact). But none of them mention my new RemoveFiles entry.

I think it is the last of the 3 phases that should execute it. I think this because i tried moving the MoveFiles action in the 'Behavior and Logic|Sequences|Installation|Execute' sequence to before the RemoveFiles action and it is only the last of the 3 log sections where the MoveFiles happens first.

But this section of the log simply says:

MSI (s) (B4:98) [18:58:19:314]: Doing action: RemoveFiles
Action 18:58:19: RemoveFiles. Removing files
Action start 18:58:19: RemoveFiles.
Action ended 18:58:19: RemoveFiles. Return value 1.

It could be that the paths are incorrect, but they appear right in the Directory dump after Action ResolveSource...

Can anyone shed any light on what might be going wrong? Can i get any more info out of the log as to whether it even processes my entry in the RemoveFiles table? Can anyone explain why are there 3 RemoveFiles sections in the log?

Any help much appreciated.

Scott

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 14:45

What's in the fifth column (InstallMode) of your RemoveFiles table?

Blicos

Blicos
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 15:27

I want the installer to both remove those files from a previous installation (upgrade) and to remove them when it leaves (uninstall).

Thanks for replying!

Edited by Blicos, 09 August 2005 - 15:28.

Blicos

Blicos
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 23:55

Ah... doh!

Sorry, i had been reading the MoveFiles and RemoveFiles help at the same time and got the flags mixed up! Of course it should be 3 for what i am trying to do (or 1 at least!).

Thanks for that!

(Hope this is useful for others - or at least not too embarrassing for me!)