This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Check CPU, Memory, IE version.etc...

2 replies to this topic

jessiechow

jessiechow
  • Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:44

I am a beginner to Installshield 2009...

I use "General Information->Product Properties->Install Condition" to check minimum requirement for the installation...

I can check the Memory by "PhysicalMemory>512"...

But how to check CPU, IE version, Harddisk free spcace, font and OS Language..??

Also, i don't the syntax to write condition statement ... the "InstallShield Help" only show a few example. Where i can find more information about that?

Thx very much!!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 15:06

In Install Conditions you can use many pre-defined properties, or set your own properties using System search.

For a list of predefined properties see help topic "Property Reference".

For IE there's a pre-buit condition (based on a system search). To use it switch to the Project Assistant view and go to the Installation Requirements panel.

jessiechow

jessiechow
  • Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:31

Thank very much...

while i need to check IE version 5.5, the Installation Requirements panel only check IE version 5,6 or 7... so i change to use the "Prerequiste Editor" to check the register "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer"...

For the Font, i use a "Component Wizard" to do...

I am now trying to use System Search for the other property..Thx very much