This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

ICE33 Warning

2 replies to this topic

comecme

comecme
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 November 2003 - 22:19

I'm creating a MST for Adobe Reader 6.0. Our company policy is to try to get rid of as many ICE errors and warnings as possible.

I'm tring to figure out how to get the following info into the registry without a ICE33 (Reg key Registrynn is used in an unsupported way. ProgId should be registered via the ProgId table) warning:
[HKCR\.secstore]
@="AcroExch.SecStore"
[HKCR\AcroExch.SecStore]
@="Adobe Acrobat Secstore file"
[HKCR\AcroExch.SecStore\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\program files\\Adobe\\Acrobat 6.0\\Reader\\Acrord32.exe,-12"

If I create a secstore Extension for the component containing Acrord32.exe it automatically creates a verb named open. I deleted that verb, and gave the extension the ProgId AcroExch.SecStore. I also entered a description and uploaded an icon.

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work. The HKCR\AcroExch.SecStore entry doesn't get created. The only way I can find to do that, is by not deleting the Open verb. But when I leave it like that, the AcroExch.SecStore entry gets more subkeys than I want. It becomes
[HKCR\.secstore]
@="AcroExch.secstore"
[HKCR\.secstore\AcroExch.secstore]
[HKCR\.secstore\AcroExch.secstore\ShellNew][HKCR\AcroExch.secstore]
@="Adobe Acrobat Secstore file"
[HKCR\AcroExch.secstore\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\WINNT\\Installer\\{AC76BA86-7AD7-1043-7B44-000000000001}\\NewIcon1,0"
[HKCR\AcroExch.secstore\shell]
[HKCR\AcroExch.secstore\shell\Open]
[HKCR\AcroExch.secstore\shell\Open\command]
@="\"C:\\program files\\Adobe\\Acrobat 6.0\\Reader\\AcroRd32.exe\""
"command"=hex(7):33,00,34,00,54,00,4c,00,60,00,79,00,6b,00,41,00,37,00,28,00,\

So, is there any way to get the entries mentioned above, without ICE33 (or any other) warnings/errors?
Dick Nagtegaal

Petch

Petch
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 10:22

That is because you are trying to register that extension via Registry table also. ICE33 gives you a warning that you might overwrite that value from the one on the Registry table. If it is in there and in the ProgId table you can just delete the value from Registry table because it gets registered to HKCR from the ProgID table.

comecme

comecme
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 09:25

I know why I get the ICE33 errors. What I don't know is how to get the entries I mentioned in a MSI. Like I said, I tried to create an Extension and ProgId, but then I get much more in the registry than I want.
Dick Nagtegaal