This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Package Uninstallation not working

1 reply to this topic

AlexPilon

AlexPilon
  • Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 21:14

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of a problem.

I have a Suite Project with a few packages that are installed. One in particular adds some registry keys and values when installed, and deletes them when uninstalled (which is necessary).

The package works fine when used alone, but when I incorporate it into the Suite Project, it does not uninstall.

At first, I wanted this specific package not to show up on ARP, so I removed the PublishProduct CustomAction from the package. I then build the project and inserted the package inside the Suite Project, and it wasn't uninstalling at all.

I figured the CA was probably needed or something, so I re-inserted it at it's rightful place, but ever since I did that, the package shows up in ARP but there are no options whatsoever....oh, and it still doesn't uninstall! 

Did I do something terribly wrong, or is there something I'm missing ?

Thanks!

deramor

deramor
  • Full Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 21:23

I'm not sure what removing that action will do to your product but in order to disable an installer from showing up in ARP screen you can add a property.  https://msdn.microso...0(v=vs.85).aspx

the property has really high minimum versions for Windows Installer but that isn't too big of a deal.

You can author your stand-alone version to have this property contain a value of 0 which will show the entry.

When it is installed in a suite, use command line arguments to set it to 1.

As for the uninstall problem, I would try to diff the project now vs when it worked before.  If that yields no results, you might have a version of your product still installed and not even know it (since you were trying to hide it).