This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Icon Help

2 replies to this topic

praman

praman
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2002 - 22:43

I am trying to create a short cut to point to .bat file. I attached .ico file so that when it deploys it comes with that file. But when installing the install shield doesnot install with the icon's but with .bat file icon. Can any body help with this.

Thanks

raman

shwetagulati

shwetagulati
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 08:39

Hi Raman,
I am also facing the same problem. I have given the icon index as 0 and the path of the icon file as
<[INSTALLDIR]>sift.ico  The bat file is also in the same directory. Can someone help us?

Thanks a lot.
Shweta

BobRouse

BobRouse
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 15:46

I had the same problem with Start menu shortcuts. I found that for those menu shortcuts that were using the icon of the target (rather than the icon I had assigned), I had changed the value of the "Key Name" property from "NewShortcutx" to something else. I changed them back. Not sure why this matters...

Also, make sure you set "Advertised" to "No".

I actually found this by trying to change the icon reference in the actual shortcut properties after install and found the button was disabled.

Hope this helps...
Bob Rouse
Netuitive, Inc.