This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

populating the upgrade table

2 replies to this topic

dtasanas

dtasanas
  • Full Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 00:18

does anyone know if it is possible to use properties in the upgrade table to define the min and max versions? i've tried and it doesn't seem to be working. i have tried setting a property in the property table and populating the column with [PROPERTY]. MSI doesn't seem to recognize it.

for testing purposes i'm trying to control the version that my install is allowed to upgrade without having to repackage the install every time.

any suggestions?
Don Tasanasanta[br]Configuration/Installation Eng

AntonS

AntonS
  • Full Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 06:33

Do you mean that you need to define values for upgrade table at run-time (during install)?

If not, you can define values at design-time and populate upgrade table directly (for example with Windows Installer automation interface or with database edit tool).

Otherwise, I suggest asking advice from experts. Perhaps Stefan can explain possibility to populate upgrade table at run-time.

Sincerely your,
Anton Spitsyn
http://www.installsite.ru

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 08:22

Unfortunately the Upgarde table doesn't accept properties in the Version fields. You would have to put them in at build time, or use Installer SQL command to populate the table on the fly at runtime.