This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

selected feature path

3 replies to this topic

sachin123

sachin123
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 03:14

Hi,

i want to display the value of selected feature path in another
text box quiet similar to how the selected feature path is displayed in custom setup dialog in the same dialog.
let me know.

Regards

sachin123

sachin123
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 01:27

sad.gif

Looking for some help on <selected feature path>.
i need to display the <selected feature path> with a static
text in another text box in the customsetup dialog.

i am not able to get it working.

Neo

Neo
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 03:09

Hi Sachin

I am giving this solution assuming that you are using InstallShield Developer Basic MSI Project. The Features' destination directories are by default bound to the INSTALLDIR (both property and directory identifier). You could use different identifiers for your features' destination if you would like to install different features on to different locations. You would have to create separate directory identifiers for each of these features. These identifiers would be available as properties which can be bound to static text or text box controls in the IDE.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards

Neo

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 11:25

Just to add, you can click on each feature in the Feature view and see what its destination directory is set to.

You can then create a dialog that uses this property for its value in the browse folder control.