This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

LaunchAppandWait

4 replies to this topic

sarfu

sarfu
  • Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:58

Hi,
I am using INSTALLSCRIPT MSI project

I am trying to launch LaunchAppAndWait function in PatchUIAfter. All the paramters and exe works perfectly fine in OnBegin or between any dialog.
If i put the same code in PatchUIAfter InstallScript wont launch the exe(Basically LaunchAppandWait fails).

I checked all the parameters and exe is perfect. Guess this is issue with IS or known thing which i might not know.

Please suggest me is there any function available in installscript which can wait until my exe finishes its work other than LaunchAppandWait. I tried with Shell32.ShellExecuteA and it works fine but it wont wait until my exe is finished its work. Or can i make some how ShellExecuteA to wait in installscript to wait some how?

Need help in this
Regards
Sarfu

sarfu

sarfu
  • Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 05:10

I am having no clue why i am not able to launch application with launchapp in patchuiafter.

Is there any doc available or is this issue with installscript.

Can some body suggest me how to launch and wait for the applcation result with installscript ?
Thanks
sarfu

devstudio.2007

devstudio.2007
  • Full Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:31

Sarfu,

Check this below mentioned function
LaunchAppAndWait ( szProgram, szCmdLine, nOptions );

in nOptions use LAAW_OPTION_WAIT....

regards
Narain

sarfu

sarfu
  • Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 15:28

I did tried all the parameters.
guess its a bug with IS script. Now m launching from command line cmd and pass exe as parameter.

Thanks for the help

m.nouryan

m.nouryan
  • Full Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 18:20

Well, I can think of two solutions:

1) use the ShellExceuteEx + WaitForSingleObject in a custom DLL function.

2) I have not tried this but it might work, Use ShellExecute with Start APPNAME /wait

Regards,