This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Adding an Object to an Update

3 replies to this topic

rehenry

rehenry
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 January 2002 - 02:08

I am trying to add the new Crystal Reports 8 object to my installation and have it install during a maint or repair.

So far nothing has worked.  I've tried componentupdate and this will not install the object.  I've created a new component, set it's selected property to true using componentselectitem, and it doesn't install the object.  Componentreinstall doesn't work either if the object is added to a previously installed component.

Componentupdate actually doesn't seem to work at all during a repair.  I've changed the componentreinstall to componentupdate in the maintuibefore and it only installs files, no extra components.

I need to build this so my install will not have to uninstall the component and reinstall it.

Does anyone know how to do this?  Am I going to have to add the files individually to my build and then run repair?  Or maybe create a completely new install so I can install one object?  If so, this is really bad.

rehenry

rehenry
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 January 2002 - 00:48

I finally got it add the new component but it still will not install the new object.

Has anybody done this before?  I need to create a package next week!!  I don't have time to re-create the CR8 install, so I'll wind up creating a new package with a different GUID!!

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 16 January 2002 - 00:50

I've not messed with objects yet, but I was gonna try this same Crystal Report object in a future install, so I was wondering if you or anyone else had any further information.  Thanks in advance.

rehenry

rehenry
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 January 2002 - 01:03

I added this object to an existing install and it works great.  The CR functionality works fine, and I work alot with CR.  The problem is trying to update a PC with my app already installed.

I think I'm going to have to move to ISWI to create some decent maintenance packages.  Ugh!!