This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Prevent Networkdrive as installdir

3 replies to this topic

mri0202

mri0202
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:54

Hello,

we are using Installshield 2010. We are using the standarddialog for choosing the installationdirectory. Is it possible to prevent the user from choosing a networkdrive as target for the INSTALLDIR?

Thanks for your help

Best Regards

Manfred

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 15:51

Using dialog editor you can open the InstallChangeFolder dialog, select the DirectoryCombo control and select which types of drives it will display. Set Show Remote to False.

However I think this wouldn't prevent users from manually entering a network location. So you miay need to use a custom action to check whether INSTALLDIR points to a network location. BTW you will need this anyway because INSTALLDIR could even be set on the command line.

mri0202

mri0202
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 14:36

Thanks Stefan,

your training course in Kassel is to long ago. I can't remember how to make and how to bind a 'custom action' in Installshield. wink.gif

Any help is welcome.

Thanks

Kind Regards

Manfred

Edited by mri0202, 20 January 2011 - 14:36.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 18:25

So long ago that even I don't call it...

You can use the custom action wizard, or start with help topic "Custom Actions" smile.gif