This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How do I specify the MSP metadata from the IDE?

3 replies to this topic

BFealy

BFealy
  • Full Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:51

Hi,

We're building some MSPs for our product and recently noticed that much of the metadata such as Title, Subject, and Comments are appearing blank when viewing the MSP's properties.

We're building a basic MSI via both InstallShield 12 for our older product and InstallShield 2012 Spring for our newer versions.  In both cases, the Patch Design view shows the metadata on the "Uninstall" tab but, since we have the Uninstall option unchecked, it appears the information isn't being written to the MSP.

Is there another way to populate the metadata? Is there somewhere else it would need to be filled in to have it appear on the MSP correctly?

Thanks,

Brian

ANo

ANo
  • Full Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 15:47

Hello Brian,

I build the patch (.msp file) (with signed files). Then I edit the properties of the .msp file (title, subject, comments, author).

At last I sign the .msp file.

I hope that it is what you are looking for.

Regards

André

BFealy

BFealy
  • Full Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 19:54

Hi Andre,

It looks like that may be the only way left to do it.  I'm trying to add the Title, Subject, etc. and even with the values filled in via the IDE, it doesn't get placed into the files.  What method do you use to edit those attributes?

Thanks,

Brian

ANo

ANo
  • Full Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:31

Hi Brian,

I do not use the IDE. I use the file property dialog of the .msp file only (context menue).

Regards

André