This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Val0005

1 reply to this topic

Christoph

Christoph
  • Full Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 09:01

(I did a search on this forum for "Val0005" but didn't found anything so here's my question.)

I've a basic MSI project and I set a feature installlevel default to '0'(I don't want that the user can select/de-select this feature).

I've added an entry within my system search to find for a specific registry entry.
The value of this registry entry is stored within a property, let's say 'MYPROPERTY'.

As a condition on the feature mentioned above, I placed:
LEVEL = 1
CONDITION = 'MYPROPERTY'

So, when the specific regentry is found, the property is filled and the feature is enabled(but not shown because it is still less than my default installlevel(=100).

However, when I build my project, I always get back a warning with errorcode 'Val0005' stating:
'The default installlevel for feature 'A' is zero. If this feature get's enabled on install, you must author simular logic to ensure that it is also enabled in maintenance mode, otherwise in an upgrade the feature will be ignored'.

Can someone tell me how that I can prevent this warning message or do I don't need to pay attention to it??

Thanks.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 21:02

There is no way to disable this message but if you have taken the required meeasures you can safely ignore it.
That said you need to make sure that the feature level will not change back to 0 after the first time install. If for instance that registry entry gets deleted after your product has been installed, uninstalling your product will leave the conditional feature behind. Repair and maintenance would also be affected.