This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Running vbscript

1 reply to this topic

sabasdad

sabasdad
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 18:27

I'm using Visual Studio 2005 Setup and Deployment project to create a package for my app. I would like to run a vbscript before any other tasks are started.

This script essentially deletes some files which I need to be out of the way before installation can progress.

I need your help to find out where I should place this vbscript. I was thinking of putting it as a custom action in the Install section, but by the time the custom action is called it's too late as installation has already progressed.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:48

You could place it early in the execute sequence. But not using Visual Studio - you have no sequencing options in VS.
To delete files you could even use the RemoveFile table which is better than a custom action in general. But again not possible in VS.
Use a tool that supports more of Windows Installer's functionality than Visual Studio does.