This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

An installation for a set of silent installations

1 reply to this topic

shuh.chang

shuh.chang
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 09:33

I have a general question about the InstallShield but not sure whether this is the right track to post the question.

I have a need to create an installation (Basic MSI or InstallScript MSI) that incorporates a set of silent installations (again, could be Basic MSI or InstallScript MSI). I am trying to embed some third party software installers along with my product feature in a single installation. Each of the third party installers will be installed in silent mode. The third party installers, of course, could be Basic MSI or InstallScript MSI. What would be the proper approach to package such a nested installation?

I'd appreciate any suggestions or advice. Thanks.

Regards,
Shuh

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 04:00

If you want to run third party installers from your installer, then using a basic MSI, you would have to use a couple of nested msi custom actions. Im not sure if you can do this with Install Script.

Your best bet would be to obtain the merge modules for these setup, then you could compile the merge modules into your setup.