This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

SourceDir

3 replies to this topic

JeffMSJ

JeffMSJ
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2001 - 13:45

I was trying to write an install that would use sourcedir as part of the path of the directory structure of the installed product.  However, everytime I use sourcedir as part of the path, I run into errors.  The files are copied somewhere else on the machine.  If I rename the sourcedir to something else the install seems to work just fine, placing the files exactly where they should be.  I understand that sourcedir is probably a keyword, but I am wondering if there is anyway to get around this problem?  I have used InstallShiled Professional 6.x in the past and that allowed me to use sourcedir in the path.  But, I have upgraded to Windows Installer 2.0 and now I am having issues with this.

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 16 November 2001 - 16:28

Have you tried using  SourceDir.  

JeffMSJ

JeffMSJ
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2001 - 17:36

I have noticed that if the files are uncompressed, then the directory structure isn't correct in the release area, regardless of case-sensivity.  However, when I compress the files into one setup.exe and run it, the directory structure comes out correctly.  I usually keep the files uncompressed until I tested out the install.  But I would actually rather have the files compressed.  

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 16 November 2001 - 17:56

Windows installer does not necessarily have a one to one relationship between source and destination directory structures.  As long as the ultimate destination is correct it does not matter.   Windows Installer allows definition of both directory strucutures in the directory table.   Install builders such as ISWI interfere with this, but as I mentioned it does not matter in the end.