This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to Create Trialware ?

5 replies to this topic

reddy611

reddy611
  • Full Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 13:35

Hi All,

I am using Installshield 2008 Professional - Adminstudio Edition[Basic MSI Project].
I would like to create one project, which should work only 30 days, after that it shuold expire then the user should by the license, if it is valid license then it should work.

Could please suggest me how to create it? can any one tell me what is Trailware, how to create sample project?

Thanks in Advance,
Reddy

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 18:23

Macrovision as well as other third parties offer tools to create time limited trial versions of your application. You can't use the Trialware functionality in your edition of InstallShield.

reddy611

reddy611
  • Full Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 09:54

Thanks for your promt response.

I have created one sample project which contain one Notepad.exe file, when i am building the project i am getting the following error message, please see the attached screen shot and let me know if your not clear with my question.

Regards,
Prathap

Attached Images

• trialware.jpg

Edited by reddy611, 04 January 2008 - 09:56.

reddy611

reddy611
  • Full Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 15:44

HI,

When I click on the Acquire button (Open Installshield IDE-->Installation Information -->Trialware--->Trialware Files-->ISDRMFile1-->General Tabbed Pane-->(3) Select or Acquire a License), It takes to the "Configure Trialware Credentilas" wizard, here i am entering the Descrption, Version, User name & Password(I have created Evaluation Information for Activation Service, i got a mail from loree@macrovision.com which has my login Details), after that i am clicking on the Next button then i am getting the following error message. Please see the attached scrren shot.

It is saying like "Failed to contact the License server. The server may not be responding, or you have lost connection to the Internet. Please try again later ", However i have the internet connection, i am able to browse anything."

Could you please HELP me anyone on this serious problem?

Great Thanks,
Reddy611

Attached Images

• Trailware_error.jpg

Edited by reddy611, 07 January 2008 - 15:57.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 16:58

As far as I know, Activation Service is no loger available to new customers. But if you have a eval registration mail, it should include information about free technical support during the evaluation period. So you may want to make use of that. I don't think that anyone in the forum will be able to solve this problem, which looks like an issue with Macrovision's server.

reddy611

reddy611
  • Full Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:04

Thank you Stefan Krueger.