This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Small Upgrade results in Error 1316

2 replies to this topic

ragi

ragi
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 12:49

We have an old setup (created with ISDEV7.02) name "MyProduct (SP1)". It is a "Standard Project", not a MSI Project. This setup has been shipped to our customers. Now, we made an update for this application. The setup is named "MyProduct (SP2)". I want to perform an updated by reinstalling the new software. The new setup is created with ISDev 7.04.

When I run the new setup on a machine, where the older Version (SP1) is installed, I use the setup.exe-Parameters /v"REINSTALLMODE=voums REINSTALL=ALL". The setup starts. Everything seems to work fine. After a while I receive an "Error 1316: A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: (Setup-Path)\MyProduct (SP1).msi".

Actually this is correct, because the new setup has a file named "MyProduct (SP2).msi". The old file "MyProduct (SP1).msi" is not in the new setup.

Is there a way to prevent this behaviour ?
Rainer

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 15:10

Windows Instalelr doesn#t allow to change the file name of the msi file for a product. If you want to change the file name you must also change the product code, making this a major upgrade.

ragi

ragi
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 14:03

Thank you, Stefan. That's what I found out, too.

I did the following:
1) After building my setup - which resulted in an file called "MyProduct (SP2).msi" - I renamed the file to "MyProduct (SP1).msi"
2) I opened the file setup.ini and made the following changes:
Code Sample
[Startup]
Product=MyProduct (SP2)
PackageName=MyProduct (SP1).msi

and later

Code Sample
[MyProduct (SP1).msi]
Type=0
Location=MyProduct (SP1).msi

Now, I have a setup which displays MyProduct (SP2) and uses an msi-file MyProduct (SP1). It worked
Rainer