This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

UnInstall Problem

1 reply to this topic

reddy611

reddy611
  • Full Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 08:35

Hi,

Please consider this as High Priority.

I am using InstallShield 10.5 Professional - Admin Studio [Basic MSI Project].
I do not have any problem while installing. In Uninstallation mode I have created one dialog box, which contains two options.

1. Do you want to uninstall completely ?
2. Do you want to keep simulated networks ?

If the user selected the the 1st option i should uninstall all the components whatever i have installed. if the user selected 2nd option other than network components i should uninstall all the components.

The following command are the line arguments :

msiexec.exe /x{3409AF44-BAD2-47B5-9300-D23FF1A2CF1D} /qf

But the problem is whenever it start uninstallation it dsiplay on the dialog boxes "The installshield wizard will complete the installation of [Product Name] on your computer ", but actaully it unsintall the application. I do not know why the text is displaying like that. It should display like "The installshield wizard will complete the Uninstallation of [Product Name] on your computer "

Could you please tell me is there any way to fix this issue.

Regards,
Reddy611.

Edited by reddy611, 10 April 2007 - 08:43.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 15:23

msiexec.exe /x ususally runs in Basic UI mode. Therefore InstallShield has not prepared a "uninstall Welcome" dialog. What you are seeing is the SetupResume dialog. You may want to add such a dialog yourself and adjust the conditions in the UI sequence appropriately.