This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Properties problem

5 replies to this topic

pux

pux
  • Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:24

Hi,

I have a dialog in UI sequence with a checkbox in it. This checkbox is bound to a public property. On the dialog page the value of the property is set correctly i.e. "checked" = 1 "unchecked" = null. However when I try to use this property during execute sequence (Condition table - I try to force some features to be installed or not depending on the value of this property) the property does not a correct value. Instead it always have its initial value?!?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:05

The property must be public, i.e. the property name must be in upper case, and it must be listed in the SecureCustomProperties property.

pux

pux
  • Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:36

Yes, this is the case - the propery is in upper case and is listed in the SecureCustomProperties property.

pux

pux
  • Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 13:22

A bit more digging gets the following:

1. The problem is not in the property - property and its value are OK.
2. The problem seems due to that my dialog that sets the property appears after ConstFinalize when features states are already evaluated. Thus my property value has no effect.
3. My attempts to move the UI dialogs chain between ConstInitialize & ConstFinalize fails - some strings are not displayed and some "Next" buttons are grayed out.

Any ideas?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 14:28

Don't use feature conditions. Instead add control events AddLocal and Remove to the "Next" button of the dialog with mutually exclusive conditions based on the checkbox value.

pux

pux
  • Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 15:25

Thanks, Stefan. But one of the requirements of my installation is "silent install" ... so how I can deal with it?

Actually I've solved my problem using a CA. I've removed the correspondent entries in the Condition table. Instead I used MsiSetFeatureState in my CA. CA is added after ConstFinalize in InstallExecuteSequence.

Edited by pux, 25 August 2008 - 15:38.