This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Can't Remove install get Unhandled Exception

2 replies to this topic

JediBirder

JediBirder
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 21:18

I added a new release to an InstallScript project which is an upgrade of an existing version of an application. The update works like it should, but when I go the Add or Remove programs and try to remove or change the installation, I get an Unhandled Exception dialog with the following message:

Error Number: 0x80040703
Description: Failed to find DLL function: ISRT._IsWow64

Setup will now terminate.

This happens on both Win2K and WinXP machines. I should note the original application install was created with IS DevStudio 9 and the update release using IS 11 Pro. Also

Is there a way to get pass this problem?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich Schilk

Edited by JediBirder, 09 June 2006 - 00:41.

heike.reinsch

heike.reinsch
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:09

is there a solution for this problem?

i use InstallShield 11.5 and get now the same problem on W2K and WXP.

I need help, please.

heike.reinsch

heike.reinsch
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 13:14

i found the problem. its the UNINSTALL_STRING, which i use in InstallScript of my project.

the UNINSTALL_STRING use the directory with version 9 of IDriver.exe, but my installation needs version 1150 of IDriver.exe. Thats the reason for the errormessage.

But now i have the problem, why is the variable UNINSTALL_STRING wrong ?
(it seems, that the project dont realized the converting from version 9 to version 11.5 of installshield. my project was created with IS 9)

Edited by heike.reinsch, 24 July 2007 - 13:14.