This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Domain-List not populated

1 reply to this topic

cosmob

cosmob
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 14:06

Hello!
I use Installshield 11 and need to create a user during setup who is given file-system permissions for the installed files.

I decided to use the LogonInformation - Dialog and it's child dialogs to create the user account.
Sometimes this works.
But when I execute my setup e.g. on a different machine, the domain-lists, user-lists and group-lists in the logoninfo-dialogs are not populated correctly.
Instead I receive a MessageBox from setup, telling me that the List is clear.
(As I'm using german Language the original Message is: "Die Liste ist leer")
As the creation of accounts and giving filesystem-rights to the created user is mandatory for my setup:

did anybody get the same results?

If this is an issue of initialisation/prerequisites, what can I do to initialize the domain-list-creation correctly myself?

If that is impossible,
what can I do to suppress this message and create the domain-list through a script e.g. in a custom action?

Edited by cosmob, 09 November 2005 - 23:28.

Kelly08

Kelly08
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 20:47

I am using InstallShield 2008 and I just ran into the same problem. The machine that it occurred on for me was named ZZZ and is not a member of a domain. It has worked fine on most machines that it has been tried on. The other machines have also not been part of a domain.

I am also seeing that the user validation (ISNetValidateLogonName) also fails if you type in the computer\Username.

Kelly