This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Unselected Features in CustomSetup dialog install

2 replies to this topic

steele

steele
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 19:00

DevStudio 9. I am using CustomSetup dialog provided and when I deselect one of my features it still installs the files. My latest attempt to end the madness was to put conditions on my features that set the install level to 400. My conditions look like this "&Feature=-1" which corresponds to the Action State of the Feature.
Please help.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 15:17

Generate a log file to find out why the files are still installed when the feature has been selected in the feature tree dialog.

I'd recommend not to use such condtions for feature conditions. Here's a quote from the docs:
The expression in the Condition column should not contain reference to the installed state of any feature or component. This is because the expressions in the Condition column are evaluated before the installer evaluates the installed states of features and components. Any expression in the Condition table that attempts to check the installed state of a feature or component always evaluates to false.

steele

steele
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 18:39

Just started working on a several year old install. I found out they were setting AllLocal in the execute sequence and undoing the selections I had made.
Amazing how things seem to work when you clean up old legacy stuff!