This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

errors installing an IIS website with InstallShie

2 replies to this topic

thompsonson

thompsonson
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 14:35

I'm getting the following errors in the msiexec log:

MSI (s) (B0:F8): Doing action: caExtractIISSuppFiles
Action start 13:11:04: caExtractIISSuppFiles.
MSI (s) (B0:F8): Creating MSIHANDLE (1) of type 790542 for thread 504
DEBUG: Error 2769: Custom Action caExtractIISSuppFiles did not close 21 MSIHANDLEs.
Internal Error 2769. caExtractIISSuppFiles, 21
Action ended 13:11:04: caExtractIISSuppFiles. Return value 1.

Then later in the install an attempt is made to remove the Virtual Roots...

MSI (s) (B0:F8): Executing op: ActionStart(Name=caRlbackVRoots,,)
MSI (s) (B0:F8): Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=caRlbackVRoots,ActionType=1281,Source=BinaryData,Target=RlBackRemoveIISVRoots,CustomActionData=C:\DOCUME~1\user\LOCALS~1\Temp\IISA.tmp)
MSI (s) (B0:F8): Executing op: ActionStart(Name=caRemoveVRoots,Description=Removing IIS Virtual Roots...,)
MSI (s) (B0:F8): Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=caRemoveVRoots,ActionType=1025,Source=BinaryData,Target=RemoveIISVRoots,CustomActionData=C:\DOCUME~1\user\LOCALS~1\Temp\IISA.tmp)
MSI (s) (B0:F8): Creating MSIHANDLE (17919) of type 790536 for thread 504
DEBUG: Error 2769: Custom Action caRemoveVRoots did not close 1 MSIHANDLEs.
Internal Error 2769. caRemoveVRoots, 1

I can't find much in the way of documentation for these Custom Actions so don't know what the return codes mean... does anybody have an idea of what is happening here?

TIA,
Matt

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 09:32

return value 1 means success, and I believe that error 2769 is just a debug message which shouldn't cause your setup to fail.

ashmukler

ashmukler
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 00:06

I am getting the same in my msiexec log and it would be fine if not the problem I am trying to resolve.

I created a dialog for a user to specify the name of a virtual to be created (actually, there are 3 of them - one per a feature). User types the virtual, I am throwing it into a public variable and use the last as the Display Name of the Virtual Directory (like [DP_VIRTUAL]) to be created.

During an install, everything goes as predicted - the virtual directories get created with names specified by user. But there comes an uninstall and the virtuals get left hanging no matter what properties I tried to set. In this respect, I am paying more attention to the errors showing in msiexec log, which are the same as specified by thompsonson.

I also noticed (from the log) that uninstall tries to work with a special file from the Windows temp directory called similar to IIS1D24.tmp, which contain the information about web site and virtuals created on install. It does contain the DisplayName of the virtual the uninstall is trying to remove. Only the last, for some reason, doesn't happens.

That is my question: why uninstall doesn't remove the virtuals installed? The virtuals defined as not shared and not permanent (on the component level, if it applies) and set for the Default Web Site (Web Site IP Address left blank, Site Number = 0).

Thanks for any help.