This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Build Upgradation

1 reply to this topic

vijijs

vijijs
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 14:28

I am getting the below error message when I recompile the build with some changes and tried to install this in the already existing product.

"Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot conitinue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Pannel."

I want to override this error and also it should work like a new product so that I would get the startup screen.

Please help me.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 14:39

This most likely happens because you are installing an MSI with the same product code as an existing install, but different package code. Please read up on "major upgrades" in the Windows Installer SDK. Essentially you will need to author the upgrade table, add an upgrade property to the property table and upgrade version numbers and product code.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul