This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

CANCEL BUTTON - EnterDisk, InstallShield 6.30

1 reply to this topic

harpreet23

harpreet23
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 00:44

Hi,

I have an install that searches for another .exe in OnEnd() event.
I am using EnterDisk() function for InstallShield 6.30.

Upon clicking CANCEL button prompts me to cancel the entire installation but I do not want to abort the install.

I am trying to use OnCanceling but in vain.

Can anyone help me.
Thanking you in advance.

harpreet

Xitch13

Xitch13
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 17:53

I'm going to restate your problem with the way I'm understanding your conundrum.

Namely: you wish to have your installer call a second installer in your OnEnd() function. To do this you ask the user to put in another CD and continue on. But the problem you're having is if someone does NOT want to install the second installer, you're first installer abort completely.

If the above is the case, I believe your problem may lie with the way you're trying to kick off the second installer. IS is not realizing they are two seperate installers. By using EnterDisk(), IS thinks it needs to install the second half of your installer not a total new installer and therefore aborts the whole installer when you don't put in another disk.

If this is the case you will want to accomplish your goal in another way. If the second installer is small enough such a a single executable, just include it in your install and use LaunchApp et al functions. If it's too large you want to cover that with a Dialog box asking for the user to enter the other CD or continue on and handle the responses accordingly.

If I've completely misunderstood your question, I apologize, and will try to help any follow up posts smile.gif
There is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent. (Mao Tse Tung)