This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

issabld.exe Upgrade Validation Errors

1 reply to this topic

Tifoid

Tifoid
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 15:50

I use Installshield’s issabld.exe (command line builder) as part of an automated build process for creating our installers. Recently we have chosen to add some new features to our Installshield project, but still perform a minor upgrade (don’t worry we have our own custom logic to handle the feature selection so the installer we produce is working just fine). The problem is, when our automated build process invokes issabld it performs upgrade validation. During this upgrade validation we are receiving VAL0012 errors (new feature added…). While these errors are technically correct, we would like to disable them (any errors in the build process automatically stop the whole build process).

I have found that we can use the “-h” option to disable all upgrade validation checks, however I would really like to retain the other validation checks (we are notorious for not filling in the RemoveFile table correctly between builds). Does anyone know how to selectively turn off upgrade validation errors in issabld.exe?

Does anyone have any other ideas of how we could perform upgrade validation but have the ability to disable specific validation checks? Someone here proposed switching to ICE validation instead of using issabld’s built in upgrade validation… but this would cost some reasonable money and time to institute.

Tifoid

Tifoid
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 16:01

Can anyone tell me what ICE CUB (like) validations are performed during ISSABLD's validation step?