This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

New to InstallShield

3 replies to this topic

prateekmca

prateekmca
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:41

Dear Friends,
I am very new in the field of InstallShield installation tool. Please assist me from where I can start?

Also, I just wanted to know is it possible to deploy the same patch on the multiple servers from my local machine. I will have admin priviliges on all the servers. I tell you what is my situation - I am having some load balanced servers, so if I need to install any service on 1 server, it has to replicate on all the other load balanced server.
Please suggest, is it possible? One of my friend is having some knowledge of InstallShield, he was suggesting that through InstallShield, I can pull the updates and cannot push the updates to the desired servers.

Please assist as soon as possible.
Thanks.

kathlencal

kathlencal
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 18:03

QUOTE (prateekmca @ 2010-12-01 11:41)
Dear Friends,
I am very new in the field of InstallShield installation tool. Please assist me from where I can start?

Also, I just wanted to know is it possible to deploy the same patch on the multiple servers from my local machine. I will have admin priviliges on all the servers. I tell you what is my situation - I am having some load balanced servers, so if I need to install any service on 1 server, it has to replicate on all the other load balanced server.
Please suggest, is it possible? One of my friend is having some knowledge of InstallShield, he was suggesting that through InstallShield, I can pull the updates and cannot push the updates to the desired servers.

Please assist as soon as possible.
Thanks.

I also have the same question.

how to cure diarrhea
back ache
how to get rid of bronchitis
do it yourself carpet cleaning

Edited by kathlencal, 24 April 2011 - 09:31.

MSIYER

MSIYER
  • Full Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:13

As far as I know, we do not have books on Installshield to learn from. But Phil Wilson's book on Windows Installer technology is wonderful. Go through it definitely.

Also msdn blogs on Windows Installer are important. Rob Mensching's blogs and Christopher Painter's blogs are very valuable.

As you are already posting here, I hope you know the importance of Installsite and its founder.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:19

I don't know much about load balancing. But I think you should be able to deploy updates in the same way you installed the original version on those servers.