This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

NT service properties

3 replies to this topic

robcasey

robcasey
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 13:36

is it possible to set the recovery property of a NT service to 'restart on failure' for an install using installshield devstudio 9?

i cannot find anything relating to the recovery tab of the service properties in the ServiceControl Table or ServiceInstall Table.

Has anyone every come across this?

jfoege

jfoege
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 17:31

I'm starting to think this isn't possible. I have a post of the exact same question on the IS site and no reply. I looked through the registry to see if it was a setting or something but I didn't find anything.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 18:33

Are you talking about the SERVICE_ERROR_CRITICAL flag (as defined in topic "CreateService" of the Windows SDK)?
You can do this in MSI projects in the Advanced settings of the component, and in InstalLScript projects in the settings of the NT Service object.

jfoege

jfoege
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 23:07

If you open the propertied on a service there is a recovery tab in case the service fails. As far as I can tell there is no way in the IDE to set this. This is not to be confused with the "Error Control" under Installing NT services. I did some digging on Microsoft and found out you can use advapi32.dll and call the ChangeServiceConfig2 function. I'm not sure on how to do this? CA or CA installscript.