This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Create self-extracting .exe for ISWI 2.03

2 replies to this topic

kris

kris
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 December 2001 - 20:06

Hi, I have updated my ISWI installation kit with the ability to upgrade.  The problem is, I want to create a compressed Network image (through the Release Wizard) such that my setup.exe is a self-extracting .exe.  If I do this, I do not have the ability to edit the Setup.ini file to pass the "CmdLine" values of "REINSTALL=voums and REINSTALL=ALL", to force my setup to read the latest version of the installer.  How can I create a self-extracting executable, while also being able to edit the setup.ini file?  (I cannot use PackageForTheWeb, because this extracts everything into a TEMP dir, but not in subdirectories like I need)  

Any ideas?

kris

kris
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 December 2001 - 22:48

Nevermind...I figured out that if I edit the template setup.ini in the Program Files\InstallShield\Support directory, then I never have to bother editing setup.ini on my own....I can set these REINSTALL values in the default setup.ini, so they are always used when building a  project.  Thanks anyway!!  :)

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 December 2001 - 08:03

By the way: PFTW will restore your folder structure if you check that option when you build the package.