This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Password .... *******

4 replies to this topic

Cesar

Cesar
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 May 2001 - 10:24

i'd like to know how can i do an AskText who asks for a password and when the user enters it, it appears in **** (beautiful stars)..

i'm sorry for my poor english and i hope i you understood me..

Blake Miller Wonder

Blake Miller Wonder
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 June 2001 - 17:15

I tried to do this as well, but ended up creating a custom resource template with the edit field already set to the password style.  Then I created a custom script based upon the existing InstallShield SD script that uses the custom resource template.  I could not find a way to force an edit field to have the password style set after the edit field was created.  You can put the resource template in __isuser.dll or another DLL of your own choosing and load it in the setup program within your custom SD script.

Ide Nentjes

Ide Nentjes
  • Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 08 June 2001 - 10:00

Alternatively, you can download a password dialog boc from the IS5/6 SAmples here on installsite. It van be found under 'User Interface'.

Cesar

Cesar
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 June 2001 - 13:37

how do i do that ?

Note: The dialog template is included only as .rc file, not as compiled DLL. In order to use this function open the _isuser project (located in your in your InstallShield directory) in Visual C++, merge in the .rc file and compile. Rename the resulting _isuser.dll to _ISKPMG.DLL and insert it into the setup files pane in InstallShield.

??????????

which _isuser ?    .dll ? .what ? where ?

thanks...