This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to suppress dialog internal to wise?

2 replies to this topic

badzoy07

badzoy07
  • Full Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:04

Hi,

I'm creating a silent install which is called using a commandline. I used the Execute command in WiseScript and just to minimized the window size. All the dialog are minimized except for the dialogbox which is displayed on first execution. I'm not sure if it's internal to Wise but it's something like progress bar with "gather required information" and then after this, the appication is installed.

Please if someone knows how to suppress this dialog or any information which I can report so prove that there's no way to remove it is a great help.

Thanks in advance.

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:07

I suspect you are using the 'QB' switch to use a 'Basic' interface. Use 'QN' instead. Bear in mind that that means 'No' interface and that therefore there will be no 'Cancel' button for users to abort the install. Indeed, there will be no clue for them to even know it's happening.
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

badzoy07

badzoy07
  • Full Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:19

suspect you are using the 'QB' switch to use a 'Basic' interface. Use 'QN' instead

Thanks VBScab..you're right biggrin.gif.. I'm actually using /qb for running the app and logfile .. my initial commandline was:
(%INSTALLDIR%" /qb /L*v "%LOGFILE%" /qb) and now i changed it to
(%INSTALLDIR%" /qn /L*v "%LOGFILE%" /qn) and it works.

Thank you so much..you're a great help!!