This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

IniFile table not working

1 reply to this topic

hteichert

hteichert
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 June 2002 - 11:42

Hi there!

I'm trying to create an entry in control.ini by using the IniFile table. The values in the table are correct compared to MS's office installation - they are doing something similar especially for Windows9x. When I run my setup on Windows NT (this special entry is only needed on NT), then everything seems to run fine. The WriteIniFiles action is run (excerpt of logfile, "xyz" was exchanged):

MSI (s) (B1:96): Executing op: IniFilePath(File=control.ini,)
MSI (s) (B1:96): Executing op: IniWriteRemoveValue(Section=MMCPL,Key=xyz.cpl,Value=C:\Program Files\Common Files\xyz\xyz.cpl,Mode=0)
WriteIniValues: File: control.ini,  Section: MMCPL,  Key: xyz.cpl, Value: C:\Program Files\Common Files\xyz\xyz.cpl

But there is nothing written to control.ini?!?
I checked the rights - OK: everybody got full controll on control.ini and it's not readonly or something like that. I monitored the install with sysinternals filemon utility - there is no fileaccess on control.ini.
What's going on here?
Did anybody else already use the IniFile table and had some problems, too?
h.teichert-ott

hteichert

hteichert
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 June 2002 - 14:53

Trying some other things brought the following info:

If I'm using another INI file - like "test.ini" - then everything works alright. Section & key are inserted on install and removed on uninstall. But it doesn't work with "control.ini" on Windows NT4SP6 (I didn't try other service packs, because we need SP6 for our SW). On Win9x it works!

And the documentation in MSDN tells me something different .... Oh, I like it!
h.teichert-ott