This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Problem after reboot

3 replies to this topic

BjornM

BjornM
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 10:12

I have an installation that needs to reboot after the files are installed before it can continue with the final settings.
However after reboot it is as likely as not that I receive an error message stating that setup.exe or one of it's components can not be found in the temporary directory where it's supposed to be. Has anybody seen such a problem?

I use IS 6.22 and Win2K. To continue after reboot I use the "runonce" key in the registry with a command line switch. Also worth mentioning is that I have the reboot code in the event "OnFirtsUIAfter" which seems to give me some problems if I don't check for the command line switch in the maintenance events.

I have also tried to use the "OnRebooted" event, without the runonce key in the registry, but it seems that that event is not fired since the installation always start in maintenance mode after reboot.

Björn

Lucky

Lucky
  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 10:30

First of all, I think you have to set a "Reboot" flag in order to have the OnRebooted  event fired after reboot; not sure about the details.

Second, the setup.exe you'd want to restart is located either at "PROGRAMFILES\Installshield installation Information\{Product-GUID}\setup.exe" or at DISK1TARGET ^ "setup.exe". I think you could use both.

BjornM

BjornM
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 10:42

Thanks for your reply

But

I tried the "Program files..." path in the runonce regkey and that only gave me problems since IS seems to remember the temporary path and still wants to execute something from that directory, <filename>.rra I think it has something to do with files not renamed or copied yet.

Björn

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 15:27

What a mess.  Are these final install setting simple enough that that they can be done via some other non-IS method such as a batch file?
user posted image