This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to change folder structure?

3 replies to this topic

kari_hun

kari_hun
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 08:35

Hi,

I use IS Prof 7.01.
My aim is to create an install disk with uncompressed files (e.g. \aaa\bbb\ccc.dat).
This structure is important because the installed program can uses the install disk as database also.
After installation on target disk the required folder structure differs from the install CD's structure
(e.g. \ddd\eee\ccc.dat).

I have set in File Groups pane the install disk's structure (\aaa\bbb) and the Compressed Property to "No".
I set The Destination to user defined <svFolder>. In Media Layout I selected CDROM folder.
In OnFirstUIBefore():
szFolder = "c:\\ddd\\eee";
ComponentSetTarget (MEDIA, "<svFolder>", szFolder);

IS has built the correct install disk. And anyhow after installation the ccc.dat will be in
c:\ddd\eee\aaa\bbb folder.

Has anyone any idea?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 11:42

I don't fully understand your problem. Can you please post how the directory stucture on your install CD is, and how it should be (if that differs), and how the resulting folder structure on the user's hard disk is, and how it should be.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 15:49

Do you have sub folders in your file groups? Remove them and see if that helps.

kari_hun

kari_hun
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 08:44

Hi Stefan,

Of course I have subfolders in file groups. It is important for me because the CD-Rom structure inherits this structure and I would like it.
If I remove the subfolders from file groups the installed file structure on targetdisk will be fine, but the CD-Rom structure won't be.

Thanks,
kari_hun