This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MSI package & WI engine version

2 replies to this topic

dsiicmtp

dsiicmtp
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 15:59

I made a MSI package (Basic Project) with Developer 7.

The end-user's computer is W2K SP2 with Windows Installer Engine V1.
When I run my package on my development computer (Windows Installer engine V2), no problem !
But, when I run my package on the end-user's  computer, error message "InstallScript engine not found on this computer. Run ISscript.msi or contact support".

One deployment constraint : the end package must be a single msi file (not including setup.exe).

Do you have a solution, exept changing the version of Windows Installer engine, to deploy my msi file on this end-user's computer ?

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 00:12

The problem isn't with the Windows Installer version, you will get that same error even if version 2.0 is on the destination machine.  You installation fails to find IsScript.msi because it is trying to install the InstallShield Scripting runtime.

I had the same problems when first deploying with a package created by Dev7, so I had to install the IsScript.msi on each machine I was deploying to.
Leigh Ravenhall
Expert Information Services

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 10:58

The alternative would be not to write custom actions in InstallScript but use a DLL instead.