This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

UNINST constant, what is it?

2 replies to this topic

gronchi

gronchi
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 18:36

Hi to all,
I notice there is a difference between the uninstallation string stored in UNINST installscript constant and the uninstallation string stored in the registry area under:
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall\\{GUID}".

In details in the first one there is a -uninst field missing in the second one.
For example:

string in UNINST is:
CODE
RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{GUID}\setup.exe" -l0x0 -uninst

string under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall\\{GUID}" is:
CODE
RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{GUID}\setup.exe" -l0x0

anyone knows what -uninst do during uninstallation procedure?
I guess it force the uninstallation skipping the execution of possible script.

Thanks to all,
ciao Giuseppe

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 18:44

This is in the docs for UNINST in version 11.5, I guess it also applies to version 6:
This system variable is provided for compatibility with previous versions of InstallShield software. It contains the command line that launches the copy of Setup.exe that was placed on the target system to perform uninstallation; the command line includes Setup.exe's -uninst option, which runs the setup as an uninstallation that prompts the user appropriately but does not execute any script code.

gronchi

gronchi
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 08:33

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2006-02-28 17:44)
This is in the docs for UNINST in version 11.5, I guess it also applies to version 6:
This system variable is provided for compatibility with previous versions of InstallShield software. It contains the command line that launches the copy of Setup.exe that was placed on the target system to perform uninstallation; the command line includes Setup.exe's -uninst option, which runs the setup as an uninstallation that prompts the user appropriately but does not execute any script code.

Thanks a lot!

The IS6 Help is less clear since I found:

This system variable is provided for compatibility with previous versions of InstallShield. It contains the command line that will launch the copy of Setup.exe that was placed on the target system to perform uninstallation. This command line is placed in the appropriate registry value by the DeinstallStart function, which is provided for compatibility with previous versions of InstallShield.

The value of this system variable is shared among object scripts and between object scripts and the main setup script. The value you assign to this system variable in any script is the value it has in the subsequently executed code in any script (until its value is explicitly reset).

You can append your own custom command line switches to UNINSTALL for processing by your script's uninstallation code. If you do so, and you change the value of the system variable DISK1TARGET, be sure to change DISK1TARGET before appending to UNINSTALL; UNINSTALL incorporates DISK1TARGET and is automatically changed when you change DISK1TARGET.

Then, honestly I didn't understand what's happen to script code.
Ciao,
Giuseppe