This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

ISM to XML (vice-versa) in CMD

2 replies to this topic

sf5001

sf5001
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:52

Hello there,

I have a project to implement an "auto update" off my Perl scripts to automate "Product Code" version and "GUID" off all my Install Shield 2008 ISM projects.
I understood that you need to convert ".ism" files into ".xml" files to access the tables. I wasn't able to find any information with respect to this task. Is there a way to convert an ISM project to an XML file and vice-versa in Command Line?

I look forward to any suggestions...

Holger_G

Holger_G
  • Full Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 14:59

I would recommend to set the Project File Format to XML by default (at General Information-Project Properties-Project File Format)
Make use of the IS Automation Interface to modify/create your builds (such as change of ProductCode, ProductVersion and so on).

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 16:20

You can also modify project files in binary format because this is internally the same format as msi. So you can run MSI SQL commands on it (you should know exactly what you are doing when modifying a relational database at low level!)