This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

where should I place a VB Script

1 reply to this topic

JWPP

JWPP
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 March 2002 - 16:05

Guys

I've written a VBS to remove unwanted files and icons and I want to encorporte this in my MSI.

Where abouts should I place it in the MSI Script, and under which title? e.g. "Execute Imediate...". Also, should it be called from the Installation or Embedded code?

Any help useful.

Regards,
John Penford

Scott Williams

Scott Williams
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 March 2002 - 17:17

I would add it to the Binary Table.  You would then setup your CA as type 6.  You can name your action anything you want.  As for where you execute it, well, you might want to do it as a defered commit custom action.  This way it only executes if you have successfully installed your application.  However, if you need to read some properties from your install to run this script, then they could not be available to you.

If you need this stuff removed before your install really begins, then obviously it needs to be sooner in the script.

I guess my answer is, I have no idea where in the sequence your CA needs to be called.  It "just depends."