This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

one more short cut

4 replies to this topic

LEO_III

LEO_III
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 12:34

Hi all,
I m a rook to create installs so maybe it is a simple question ...
I have make a small install this will install my app on a server. So every User who need the app can make a simple shortcut on his desktop from the server in domain ..... Now i wont make a small ( i call it net-setup ) for the workstations that make this shortcuts for the User.
I was looking the hole day and found the const SCRDIR ( it represent the Dir of the setup ). Must i go this way to create the shortcuts on the client mashins or is there a cleaner way ???

I think it would be working that i use this param ande make a shortcut because i know the Folder tree of my app.
But its not so fine i think ...
thx for answer and reading ...
_leo_

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 14:59

Your message was a little hard to understand, but if your goal is to make the desktop shortcut for the user, then you would simply need to call the AddFolderIcon and pass it the pre-defined constant FOLDER_DESKTOP for the 1st parameter of szProgramFolder.

You would want to place this code in the OnFirstUIAfter event/function.

Hope it helps and I'll clarify things further if need be.
user posted image

LEO_III

LEO_III
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 06:58

Hi Taco Bell,
thanks for Replay....
This is not my problem sorry for my bad english i would try one mor to explane my problem ...
I have make a Install for a Application that will be installed from the Admin on a Server ( let it call SVR1 ). The Server release now the Aplication for the local network. Now the Client Workstation can start the Applications from the SVR1. So the must make a short cut to the released Folder ( where the application is insalled ) from the SVR1. I wont make this automatic. So the dont need to make a shortcut only to start a smal install that make the shortcut for them. Where get i the path for the shortcut from the Application ( that was installed by Admin before ) in the new install that will be start by the User.
I hope i explane it noe better for you ... ;-)
thx

samsquared

samsquared
  • Full Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 14:47

I think that this should work. In OnFirstUIBefore, look for the existence of a text file created by the install (see below). If if it's not found install the application on the server in the normal manner (with or without the AddFolderIcon on that machine depending on your needs). At the end, create a file in the SRCDIR folder.

When you run the install from a workstation the text file is found so you know the server install has been done. You can then do the AddFolderIcon and abort the install.

LEO_III

LEO_III
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 15:01

thx samsquared i will try it ...
it's sounds fine