This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Major Upgrade removing the files.

2 replies to this topic

Surya4u

Surya4u
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 22:07

Project Type: InstllShield Basic MSI

Brief description: We are planning to support the Patches for our installers. So I have started modifying the project to support the patches. Now in the upgrade scenario it is removing some of our files.

Upgrade type: Install setup then remove unneeded files(RemoveExistingProducts after InstallFinalize)

The modifications done for our project are as below.
• Applied components best practices.
• Previously some components are having dynamic linking so removed them and made them static linking. Some components are with static linking but not having the key files so added key files for those components.
• I have not deleted any of the components so the components GUID’s are not changed.

From the Log what I found is initially it is installing the files and in the removal of older installation it is removing the files. As previously every component is not having a key file and now I made key file for every component I think it is removing the files.

Could any one please suggest how to overcome this problem and we don’t want to change our upgrade type.

MSIYER

MSIYER
  • Full Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:26

The title contains the phrase "Major Upgrade". You are also using RemoveExistingProducts. This means you may have configured the Upgrade Table or used the Installshield UI to configure an upgrade.

If the above is correct, what you see is completely expected.

If you are actually looking for creating patches, you need to make a Minor Upgrade and then create patches from it.

Surya4u

Surya4u
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 15:21

I am modifying the installer to support patches form this major release but first I want to give a Major release on top of that I would like to give patches.

The major release which I have created is the causing the problem.