This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

LaunchAppAndWait during Installation, Source file?

3 replies to this topic

Shaitan00

Shaitan00
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 20:26

During the installation of my application I need to install (LaunchAppAndWait) MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components) which is required
for my application to run properly. The problem I have is the path parameter required in LaunchAppAndWait? My SETUP.exe is a PACKAGE (not a CD, a single .EXE file) so
a) where do I put MDAC_TYP.EXE (the MDAC installer) so it compiles with my Package?
cool.gif how do I tell my install Script (setup.rul) how to run the installer? what is the path to the installer?

Currently I have the following
CODE

Dlg_SdMDAC:
if (AskYesNo("Install required Microsoft Data Access Components?", YES) = YES) then
    if (LaunchAppAndWait (SRCDIR^"MDAC_TYP.EXE", "", WAIT) < 0) then
      MessageBox ("Failed to Install Microsoft Data Access Component",SEVERE);
     endif;
endif;

I was trying to use SourceDir (SRCDIR) but that doesn't work... it is the wrong path and/or the installer is not in the correct place when I compile the package.
Any ideas/help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 00:56

Place the MDAC redistributable in the following subdirectory of your project:

\Setup Files\Compressed Files\Language Independent\OS Independent

Then in your InstallScript code replace the SRCDIR reference with SUPPORTDIR.

Now in my case (MDAC 2.5 RTM), I also use a command line argument of "/q:a /c:\"dasetup.exe /q /n\"" in order to silently install it without automatically restarting the system, but I can't guarantee that the version you're using has exactly the same switches.
user posted image

Shaitan00

Shaitan00
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 19:05

That worked great, only one thing that is causing issues now, the Command Line parameters you use, I want a SILENT install also BUT this thing automatically reboots PCs if required, I need the REBOOT prompt to stay up (just don't want anything else involved in the Installation procedure).

What can I change so that it does NOT reboot automatically
(I just tested it and lost some information that I had not saved because all of a sudden it rebooted my pc). Should I just remove the entire command line parameter?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 02:53

If you don't use any command line parameters, then you'll see all of the dialogs and, if necessary, a reboot prompt.

To suggest new parameters though, I would need to know the exact version of MDAC that you're using. Also, manually run the setup with a /? to get its help listing and post those results here as well.
user posted image