This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Project Installer Config Files

1 reply to this topic

Charlesh

Charlesh
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 19:46

Hello,

I have a project where I'm installing windows services, and I'm calling the project installer from Install Shield (.Net Installer Class = yes on the components page). However, the project installer uses config files to set some of the values for the message queues, and when Install Shields starts to run the project installer, it crashes because it can't find some of the keys in the config file.

The keys are in the config file, but I don't think it's finding the config file. I have the config file as the servicename.exe.config filename, and it's in the same directory as the dll with the project installer class. Are there any other requirements?

Thanks in advance!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 14:28

Where does your DLL look for the config file? Does it explicitly detect the directory it is in and search in the same directory? Or is it just using the current working directory (which I believe is typically the Windows or System folder if you run an msi, because that's where msiexec.exe is)