This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Unable to merge MSM into a new MSI

3 replies to this topic

angp

angp
  • Full Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:54

Hi all,

Any help is greatly apprcieated.

I've created a new MSI based on idt files from Orca successfully but was not able to merge a MSM into this MSI. no error was thrown during the process...

Any advice?

Thanks,

angp

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:35

I'm afraid you've given us far too much information here. We like to exercise our psychic powers to determine what the root cause of problems like this might be.

- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 16:09

Hello angp, please tell us more about what your use case scenario is, why you use idt files, what merge module you are trying to merge with what MSI and what kind of product you are trying to deliver.

Regards
-Stein Åsmul

angp

angp
  • Full Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:56

Hi All,

I wish I could provide more information but I don't get any.....

we are in the process of changing our patching mechanism to 1 for all and all for 1.....

I executed the command: orca -! -lfn -m {path to my merge module} -f {feature} -r {directory} -i {path to the msi I want the msm to merge into without the msi file name} {path to the msi} -l {log path}. But no log being generated.

Thanks,

angp