This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

ServiceInstall w/ Password

1 reply to this topic

mupdike

mupdike
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 19:01

All, I am trying to install a service that must login as a domain user. The domain user account name functions(installs) normally in the installed service if I put it directly in the ServiceInstall table as Domain\User or as a [USERNAME] referencing a property. However the password is not being placed correctly. After running my installation I receive an error that the service cannot start, essentially due to logon failure. When I manually update the password in the service mmc then the service will start. (This is btw being installed on XP SP1 & 2) I have tried both direct enter of the password ("blah01" masked but close) into the serviceinstall table and the property referenced. I have also setting the service as a shared service and it's own process. Please help...this has been on the back burner for a while and I'd love to close it out.
Thank you!!
Mike

mandy

mandy
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 19:44

Sorry this doesn't answer your question, but I think I'd rather use a custom action for this anyway. Are you really comfortable writing a cleartext domain user password (that won't change often if at all) in an MSI table?