This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Major Upgrade

4 replies to this topic

BCL

BCL
  • Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 23:21

I have a product and three service packs installed on a machine. All of them are done by different installers (So different entries for all of them in ARP). I am creating a installer with different software version. Can I do a major upgrade, by which I can uninstall all the three and install the new version.

BCL

BCL
  • Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:12

All the installers have different product and upgrade codes

KathyMorey

KathyMorey
  • Full Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 14:39

Yes. You should be able to create an entry in the Upgrade table for each and they should uninstall. (In the IDE, you can create a major upgrade entry in the Upgrade view. Check "Products having another upgrade code" for each.)
Kathy Morey
Synergy Software Engineer
ProfitStars, a Jack Henry Company
kmorey@profitstars.com

BCL

BCL
  • Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 20:59

Thanks for the reply. The base installers are developed using InstallShield Professional 7 and I am not able to see the upgrade codes for that. Is there anyway where I can see the upgrade codes fo the product installed?

KathyMorey

KathyMorey
  • Full Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 13:54

If you have the MSIs, the easiest way is to open them with Orca (or in Direct Edit mode in InstallShield) and look at the Property table. Tthe UpgradeCode property is listed there.
Kathy Morey
Synergy Software Engineer
ProfitStars, a Jack Henry Company
kmorey@profitstars.com