This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Setup split into two CDs

1 reply to this topic

syedtausif

syedtausif
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:07

Hi,
I'm using Installshield dev Studio 9 and right now i have a setup which is in a compressed format and i use data1.cab to pack the files in a single setup, and the size of the total setup package is more that 750MB which is not sufficient to burn in a CD, i would lik to know if there is any way where i can use the same setup.exe and split the data in two different CDs so that after files from 1 CD is copied my setup can ask for the 2nd CD with which i can complete installing the software successfully, is there any way in IS Dev Studio 9 so that i can use my setup from 2 CD's?!! if so how can aply that property in my ism, this is very urgent for me... please help me in this.

Thanks in Advance smile.gif

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 15:26

Not sure if that was available in DevStudio 9, but typically you would select the media type "CD". Of course, this can't be a single setup.exe which includes everything.